Books & Videos
These are books and resources that I have found very helpful. For your convenience, I have included links to the products on Amazon.com.
- The Nurtured Heart Approach by Howard Glasser – A simple, positive, and effective approach for developing positive behaviors in children of all ages. I especially recommend the first four techniques in the workbook Transforming the Difficult Child.
- 1-2-3 Magic by Dr. Thomas Phelan – A simple behavioral system for stopping negative behaviors in children 2-12 years old.
- Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay – Concrete examples of how to give logical consequences to kids and teens.
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) – A parenting guide that focuses on 4 main beliefs or “goals of misbehavior” that drive children’s actions and teaches parents how to respond.
- The Zones of Regulation by Leah Kuypers – A curriculum to help kids develop emotional regulation.
- Talking to Your Kids about Sex by Mark Laaser – A guide for parents to talk to their kids about sex throughout each stage of child development, from birth to adulthood. Written from a Christian perspective.
Please note that I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Although I only recommend books and resources that I believe are truly helpful, I will receive a commission if you choose to purchase the resources through my website.